Wednesday, May 16, 2012

First post!
Ok so here goes.
A bit of background to get you up to speed. Ive been here since the begining of May so just over 2 weeks now. I graduated from Manchester Unicersity in the UK last summer and this is my first job within my area of interest.
I found the job online and applied for it without a thought that it might actually happen! Sure enough I got an enthusiastic email back asking lots of questions then spent 2 days waiting in suspense to hear the verdict. After 7 months of job hunting it was a huge step and a scary one too!
I had 3 weeks to prepare to leave the country. The job is for 3 months with the option to extend to 6 if all is going well (I still havent decided).
The house is wonderful. I live in the garden in a small intern house/hut with a turtle intern called Erin. There are volunteers and researchers who camp in the grounds too. We all share the facilities. Most of our time is spent working, relaxing in the garden pavillion (in the hammocks), or at the beach. The island has some of the best scuba diving reefs in the Caribbean and many of the interns and volunteers do a lot of diving in their spare time too. Not being the best of swimmers ill stick to my plants!

No comments:

Post a Comment