Thursday, July 5, 2012

Underwater Adventures!










Those of you who know me might know that I am a rubbish swimmer. On an island famous for its diving and coral reefs I am surrounded by people in love with the water and the underwater world. After much persuasion I caved and was persuaded to venture into the water with a snorkel. After some practice in the sea near the shore I got more confident and just in time too! As a reward for our hard work at the national parks, the interns and volunteers were treated to a snorkel boat trip around the island in the marine park boat. We visited 3 snorkel sights ranging from 6 to 10 meters deep (I did well not to freak out). I did have my security though. In addition to the help from all the strong swimmers in the group I had an old buoy to hand. An attractive orange so everyone knew where I was haha. Safety first!
The water was amazing. Calm and clear. I saw 2 sea turtles and 3 huge sting rays asleep on the sea bed.
An opportunity Im so pleased I didnt miss out on.

No comments:

Post a Comment